We live in ‘The New World of Work’, which is a way of working that is independent of time or location. Although face-to-face meetings can never be completely ruled out, we are still always in search of other ways to consult with each other. Microsoft Lync is the ultimate tool if you want a meeting with people who at that particular time are in different locations.
What are the benefits of online conferencing with Microsoft Lync?
- You can set up an online Lync meeting from your Outlook program. For most end users this is a very familiar application.
- You can share applications such as PowerPoint through Lync so that other participants can join the meeting ‘as if they were sitting next to you’.
- The video gives you a face-to-face communication experience.
- If you have a meeting with a large number of participants, you can increase the interaction by using polls.
- Integration with other Microsoft applications: you can link your Outlook meeting request to meeting reports in OneNote, which in turn can be saved to SharePoint.
- Participants can join the meeting, even if they don’t have Microsoft Lync installed on their PC.
Are you considering using Lync? Why not contact us for a free demo by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on +3235456789.